Monday, September 15, 2008

Ashes, ashes, we all fall down

This past weekend we traveled out of town to celebrate my father's 60th birthday and go to a family wedding. LA#1, as you know from my previous post is a lover of all things having to do with weddings. This one was particularly exciting for her as it was Cinderella themed. There were glass (well, plastic) slippers everywhere, not to mention the ice sculpture castle and the castle wedding cake. She had a BALL (pun intended). Though she used to be a Mommy clinger, she is little Miss Independence now, which is actually kind of nice since I was able to socialize a bit. Upon our arrival at the reception, she immediately found the flower girls and a few others and was playing Ring around a Rosy, much to the delight of the photographers who thereafter neglected the rest of the assembly. Unfortunately, the bride will have her fill of pictures of our daughter, and we will have none since we foolishly left the camera behind.

It was nice to take a little trip out of town. Once we got home I realized how much good it did me to get away from the house for more than just a few hours here and there. I'm exhausted, but in a good way. I feel relaxed and ready to rest in spite of all the messes LA#2 makes while I nurse. We all know they will still be there tomorrow, and even if I did pick them up, they would probably end up there again. So, I'm just going to kick up my feet for a few days, especially since LA#1 is still at Grandma and Grandpa's house. She is having a blast, and I am enjoying a rather quiet house. LA #2 was ready for an early nap today. I sighed a happy sigh of relief as I sat down to take a snooze myself, but to my dismay, half an hour later, he was screaming. Ugghhh...well, maybe he'll take another nap later, and if not I will coax "Aunt Taytay" to watch him while I take a nap. :) That's the beauty of a built in sitter!! Ahhhhh.

1 comment:

Aaron Burr said...

Ha! That first paragraph was hilarious.