Sunday, October 5, 2008

Moments when you know it's all worth it...

As we were loading everyone in the car this morning for mass, LA#1 said, "Look Mommy! I see the stars!" Yes, we did go to 7am mass this morning. As I was frustratingly thinking, "Daddy, please do not sign up to lector this mass next year!" (Okay, maybe a few explicatives included). I, thankfully, had a moment of grace, which was definitely NOT upon hearing a voice on EWTN radio say, "Whatever the suffering you are experiencing, compare it to the eternal glory which is to come." I was still internally grumbling and pouting at that point, but I did eventually settle down and get the picture as I was reminded that God is not outdone in generostiy. And it's true. His faithfulness was proven to me later today when I had the opportunity to nap for three hours (yes, I DO have an amazing husband who made this possible) and I had a nice long walk. Not to mention, ALL of the clean laundry is put away. Looking back on the day, which started at 5:30 am with three crying children (It was not our intention to go to mass together today-I would rather have been slumbering peacefully), what sticks out in my mind is the tangible realization that the sacrifices of parenting are worth it... the moment that we went to visit the Blessed Sacrament after mass and LA#2 said, "Ook, Mama. Ere's Esus!" (Look, Mama. There's Jesus). Well, their sweet little good-night kisses certainly helped too.

1 comment:

Mrs. Pickles said...

Thank Heaven for those moments!