Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Death of Facebook

While I enjoyed Facebook, I found myself spending too much time on it, and I also had an addiction to updating my status regularly. Though I tried to make them humorous, I think that perhaps I shared too much with the world through them...I just couldn't help myself sometimes. :) I will miss my family and friends and the communication that I had with them. I'm also working through a personal struggle right now in which I feel the Lord urging me to quiet myself and draw nearer to Him by spending more time just with Him. I've always enjoyed writing, and to do it well requires that reflection and contemplation that God is asking of me and that I am longing for. So, I'm turning toward the blog for a less distracting and hopefully more positive and productive mode of sharing with others. Perhaps Facebook will have a resurrection, but for now, I'm content with becoming a more frequent and "religious" blogger.

1 comment:

Mrs. Pickles said...

Totally hear you. I've been weaning myself from Facebook recently too -- I realized there's been too much noise and not enough contemplation in my life either. Good luck with the more religious blogging -- hopefully some of your virtue will rub off on me too! :)