Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Punishing Parents

7:30 am. If I haven't had food put in front of me and my cup of milk, I am one unhappy camper. Just this morning (7:40) my daddy tried to tease me with my cup of milk as he doddled with my breakfast preparation. With baited breath I waited and waited and waited, while I whined of course. Never mind that my parents have been trying to get me to use signs so that they know what I want. They always know, so why should I put forth the effort in telling them when my pitiful little whine does the trick...and I get sympathy when I use it. That's the best part. Anyway, when my daddy finally got around to pouring my milk, he chuckled at my sighs of relief, and then he did something I have yet to forgive him for! He handed me my cup and when I reached out to grab it, he took it back and laughed some more! I know! How mean! I was not about to let him get away with it. No way. I refused to take that cup of milk from him, and I let him hear it! I did want that milk pretty badly though, so I was quite relieved when he set it down on the table and I could go grab it when he wasn't looking. Chances are, I'll have to show him who is boss again, just like I do my mommy every time she puts down for a nap, but a pretty little girl like me really needs my milk and beauty sleep. So, I'll always give in, but not without a little punishment first. After all, I am the poor, neglected third child.

No comments: