Monday, November 23, 2009

Franciscan Reunion


I almost forgot to mention that we recently hosted an area Franciscan Alumni Reunion at our house.  It was such an honor to do this.  I hope that we can make this an annual gathering.  Much to my amazement, while I did absolutely no preparation, it was a smooth event with an abundance of food.  A household sister of mine was married the day before and I was out of town for her wedding until just about an hour before the reunion started.  I am grateful for how much everyone pitched in!  It was actually kind of nice the way it worked out, as the day was much less about us hosting, and more about everyone having something valuable to contribute (in more than just the food realm:)).  We had some great conversation, praise and worship, and even Mass said by Fr. Drew Curry. 

No comments: